- 1 1/2 pounds cucumber, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 yellow tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
Combine the cucumber and tomatoes in a blender, reserving 1/4 cup of each for garnish.
Add the bell pepper, onion, vinegar, 1 teaspoon each dill and parsley, 1 clove garlic and the sugar; puree until smooth.
Pass through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl, pressing with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible.
Season with 1 teaspoon salt. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
Meanwhile, make the croutons:
Heat the remaining clove garlic with the olive oil in a skillet over low heat.
Add the bread cubes and the remaining 3 teaspoons each dill and parsley.
Cook, stirring, until golden and crunchy, 10 to 15 minutes.
Discard the garlic.
Pour the soup into chilled bowls. Dice the reserved cucumber and tomatoes; sprinkle into the soup. Garnish with the croutons.