Makes 10-12.Prep time: five minutes.
Cooking time: five minutes
(plus eight hours freezing time).
- 3 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 (270ml) can coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup rum (optional)
Coconut Oil Shell:
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
1. Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add pineapple chunks and two tablespoons of coconut sugar and cook, stirring, until the sugar has melted and pineapple caramelized.
2. Transfer the caramelized pineapple to a blender and add coconut cream and vanilla extract. Process on high for two minutes or until the mixture is smooth and airy. Divide between 10-12 ice pop molds and freeze for eight hours or overnight.
3. Just before serving, mix melted coconut oil and shredded coconut in a small deep bowl. Dip each popsicle in the oil to create a shell. Serve immediately or place in zip lock bags and store in the freezer for up to three months.
Note: for a grown up version of this treat, stir ¼ cup rum into the mixture before freezing