- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely sliced shallots
- 5 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 pounds mussels, cleaned and beards removed
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche
- 1/3 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- French fries, for serving
In a large Dutch oven or straight-sided 12-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Add the shallots and garlic and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
Add the white wine and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the mussels, cover and steam until open, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to a large serving bowl.
Add the creme fraiche, parsley, butter, chives and mustard to the remaining cooking liquid and bring just to a boil while stirring to combine.
Pour the sauce over the mussels. Serve with French fries.