- 2.5 lbs piece boneless pork belly with skin, scored at 1/4 inch intervals all over
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, stripe-peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. Wipe the pork skin dry with paper towel, then rub well all over with 1 teaspoon sea salt. Place skin-side up on a rack in a deep roasting pan, then pour in enough boiling water to come just below the rack. Roast for 2 hours, topping up the water as necessary, until the skin is crisp and the pork is tender. Allow to cool. Cut the pork belly into bite-sized pieces.
3. Meanwhile, combine the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar in a large bowl, whisking to dissolve the sugar. Add the pork, spring onion, cucumber, chilli and herbs to the bowl of dressing and gently toss to combine.
4. Divide the salad among plates then scatter with peanuts and serve.