*Potato Salad, Bacon Bits, Fried Onions, Melted Swiss Cheese, Chili Sauce, Big Beef Hot Dog on a Buttered Toasted Hot Dog Bun
- Butter bun and lightly toast and spread with potato salad
- Place big beef dog in *potato salad
- Melt a few slices of Swiss Cheese
- Top with a spoonful of **Chili Sauce, bacon bits and fried onions
- Hold with both hands and make sure you have lots of napkins on hand for this awesome big boy!
*Recipe for Potato Salad
- 5 medium potatoes (red potatoes taste the best)
- 8 eggs, hard boiled (save 2 eggs to use for garnish on salad)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. Mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. sugar
- mustard, to taste
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Boil potatoes (do not peel) for about 40 minutes until potatoes are tender, but still firm (if you are using red potatoes do it for less time.. 15-20 minutes or so).
- Peel and dice potatoes AND 6 eggs. Add salt and pepper and toss. Mix remaining ingredients separately and fold into potato mixture.
- Slice remaining 2 eggs and layer on top of salad. Sprinkle top of salad with dill weed or paprika.
- Refrigerate overnight (or at least 6-8 hours).
- 1 cup coarsely chopped(shallots) or 1 1/2 large onions
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Place cut up onions or shallots in a blender and make a paste.
- Add the chopped tomato, mix them with the onions.
- Add the lemon juice and salt.