(Makes 4 servings)
- 8 sprouted chives
- 1/2 cup red vinegar
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 slices from French Baguette
- 4 quail eggs
- 2 tablespoons arugula flowers
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few chives stems roughly chopped for garnish
- Separate Chives and flowers.
- Mince Chives
- Soak 2 minced in 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar for 10 minutes; Drain and reserve chive (making sure toweled dry)
- Mix 2 tablespoon mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon mustard in a small bowl mix with minced chive.
- Spread on 1 lightly toasted French bread slice;
- Top with 1 sunny side up quail egg placed in the center of sliced toasted baguette.
- 1/4 cup arugula flowers (filling in spaces)
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Place chive flower on top of egg yolk
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with chive stem garnish